Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Experiment in Astrophotography

10/08/2013 2:45 pm

     Well today I decided to attempt for the first time to take some pictures of the night sky, It was cool out but not uncomfortable as I set up the tripod for my Canon T3i DSLR with a 55-250 mm lens on it.
Come to think about it this is also my very first blog entry so it is a day of new and wondrous activities.

What I learned from today's experience is that with out being on a mount with tracking I am limited to 1-3 second exposures so tonight I will attempt to set the camera up on the ETX-125ec telescope and image the same objects I did this morning at 4:00  

The first was Jupiter and two of its moons.

I took the shot by accident in that I accidentally hit the shutter button as I was adjusting the tripod.





The second was The Pleiades  I did several shots ranging from 1, 15, 30, and 45 seconds but started getting star trails when I went over 1 second.






With luck I will get nicer images once I learn how to set everything up on my telescope so keep checking in on my journey from the bad to the better and the even better imaging of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment