Thursday, November 28, 2013

Images from my second Night Skies Network (NSN) broadcast.

     I had a chance to setup the scope again for a Broadcast on Night Skies Network (NSN) and managed to capture 3 images. Images are 2-14 seconds of exposure / intergration. I am a bit out of  focus and the mount is not properly aligned and had a lot of drift issues. These are single frame images not stacked but I will get better.

The first was Jupiter with 3 moons I believe to be Io closest to Jupiter and casting a shadow on its surface, Ganymede, and furthest out Callisto.

The second Image was the Trapezium in the Orion Nebula
The Orion Nebula (also known as Messier 42, M42, or NGC 1976)

The final image of the night was The Eskimo Nebula
The Eskimo Nebula (NGC 2392), also known as the Clownface Nebula or Caldwell 39


The next time I set up I finally learned I had forgotten a step in setting up and had not done a polar alignment which is why I had drifting issues. I will be learning what to do before my next broadcast so I am hoping for much better images and perhaps my first stacked images as well.

So Hurry back and keep checking in as I take you on my journey of learning and discovery through pictures of our marvelous Cosmos.



May your skies be dark and your visions bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment