Friday, November 22, 2013

My new Astronomy equipment.

I have pretty much everything together now to start learning to broadcast on Night Skies Network (NSN)
My CGEM DX 11" EdgeHD has arrived, I now have the scope, Starlight Xpress Lodestar auto guider, Mallincam Hyper Plus (Will upgrade to Extreme x2 class 0 as soon as I can afford it), waiting the arrival of my Scope Buggy. all I need now is to get a clear day to align the 80 mm guide scope, polar scope and the Telrad to the Scope. I am still waiting for an extra counter weight for the mount so I can use the guide scope right now it is too heavy to balance. also waiting for the focal extender for the guide scope.

     I am eager to learn this hobby and make new friends in the process but I must be honest looking at the size of this setup is a bit overwhelming it is the largest scope I have ever owned. I have found a lot of wonderful new friends on NSN who are just as eager to help me as I am to learn so I look forward to a future of excitement, new visions of the Universe all the while knowing I will trip stumble and have days of frustration but such is the way on the path to trying new things and expanding our knowledge and abilities as we go through life. So please join me on this journey of discovery and learning encourage me when I fall, correct me when I am wrong, and celebrate with me at even the smallest new discovery.

May your skies be dark and your visions bright.
AstroEd

No comments:

Post a Comment